Army Research Institute for the Behavioral and Social Sciences
Broad Agency Announcement BAA for Basic Scientific Research, Foundational Science Research Unit FY 2021-2022
White paper highly encouraged by May 15, 2021
Deadline August 4, 2021
The funding opportunity is divided into two types of proposals for basic research:
(1) Standard Basic Research proposals and
(2) Early Career Basic Research proposals.
Army Research Institute for the Behavioral and Social Sciences (ARI) will accept both Standard and Early Career proposals in response to this BAA.
ARI has identified the following four domains as particularly germane to its basic research needs. This list is neither comprehensive nor exclusive and ARI is especially open to proposals that combine or cut across these domains. Furthermore, proposals that adopt multi- or interdisciplinary approaches to research questions are encouraged. These domains include:
1. Personnel Testing and Performance
2. Learning in Formal and Informal Environments
3. Organizational Effectiveness
4. Leader Processes and Measurement
The Basic Research program employs four strategic focus areas for advancing science.
1. Science of Measurement of Individuals and Collectives: Advanced psychometric theory for deriving valid measurements from complex assessments and continuous streams of data
2. Understanding Multilevel and Organizational Dynamics: Develop multilevel theory and methods for understanding dynamic restructuring, coordination, and composition processes in complex organizations
3. Formal/Informal Learning and Development: Holistic model of individual and collective learning across work settings and contexts throughout the career span
4. Context of Behavior in Military Environments: Integrative theory specifying the interactive relationships between individual characteristics and contextual drivers in predicting human behavior