Nov 1, 2022
Iowa Arts Council
Sep 26, 2022
Sponsor link https://iowaculture.gov/arts/grants/artist-catalyst-grant-program-guidel...
Grant funds may be used for expenses that advance an artist’s professional capacity, enhance their artistic practice, or expand the audience or market for their work. Applicants must demonstrate how the grant funded activity will enable them to achieve a particular goal that advances their artistic career or practice.
Types of eligible activities include:
- Acquiring business services (e.g. contract preparation, business incorporation, accounting systems)
- Adapting performances or artistic services to new platforms (e.g. live streaming, virtual classes)
- Attending professional development opportunities (e.g. conferences, workshops)
- Documenting work (e.g. professional photography, video, audio recording)
- Expanding capacity for creative work (e.g. space/equipment rental, material purchases)
- Learning new or advanced techniques in an art form (e.g. classes, apprenticeships)
- Securing presentation opportunities (e.g. exhibitions, publications, festivals)
- Upgrading marketing and promotion material (e.g. branding, website design, e-commerce)