Dept of State Countering Disinformation and Misinformation
Limited to one application per organization.
Dept. of State DOS solicitations generally limit the number of applications that may go forward in response to a specific solicitation.
Prospective applicants from the UI who wish to apply to a DOS program that limits the number of applications allowed per institution must refer to the UI Limited Submissions guidelines at https://uiowa.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1809264
Priority Region: All activities should be targeted at NATO Member and Partner countries unless a justification is provided.
The kinds of activities and work funded with this award may include (but should not be limited to):
- Public debates and moderated discussions.
- Digital engagements.
- Creating digital content such as videos and short films.
- Developing educational materials.
We strongly encourage:
- New and creative approaches that utilize digital technology, social media, and other innovative means.
- Programs that seek to reflect the diversity of thought and backgrounds as well as a gender balance.
- Forthright analysis about the gaps in NATO strategies along with practical solutions to address deficiencies.
- Implementation plans incorporating evaluation components and performance indicators showing how the proposed activities will be measured and evaluated to determine the effectiveness of the proposal’s content.