Annual Program Statement for Public Affairs Dhaka - U.S. Mission to Bangladesh
Dept. of State DOS solicitations generally limit the number of applications that may go forward in response to a specific solicitation.
Prospective applicants from the UI who wish to apply to a DOS program that limits the number of applications allowed per institution must refer to the UI Limited Submissions guidelines at https://uiowa.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1809264
Public Affairs Section PAS Dhaka invites proposals for projects that further the Embassy’s public diplomacy goals of celebrating the 50th anniversary of the establishment of bilateral relations between the United States and Bangladesh and renewing their commitment to work together, including through programs that further strengthen people-to-people ties, highlight shared values, and promote bilateral cooperation.
Proposed projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Academic and professional lectures, seminars and speaker programs;
- Artistic, cultural, and sports workshops, including joint performances, exhibitions, festivals, culinary diplomacy, creative writing, comedy, clinics, master classes, etc.;
- Cultural heritage conservation and preservation programs;
- Professional or academic exchanges and projects, including virtual exchanges with U.S. experts or communities; and
- Professional development workshops and training.
- It is recommended that proposals include virtual programming alternatives in the event in-person activities, including international travel, continues to be impacted by the pandemic.