U.S. Consulate General — Sao Paulo Public Affairs Section Annual Program Statement
Dept. of State DOS solicitations generally limit the number of applications that may go forward in response to a specific solicitation.
Prospective applicants from the UI who wish to apply to a DOS program that limits the number of applications allowed per institution must refer to the UI Limited Submissions guidelines at https://uiowa.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1809264
Participants and Audiences: PAS will only consider proposals for projects geared to Brazilian audiences within São Paulo’s Consular District (Brazilian states of São Paulo, Paraná and Mato Grosso do Sul).
Public Affairs Section São Paulo welcomes proposals that address the following strategic priorities:
- ECONOMIC GROWTH: Programs related to entrepreneurship, bilateral trade,investment, economic integration, innovation, science and technology – including, but not limited, to 5G and to intellectual property rights.
- ADVANCING SOCIAL INCLUSION: Programs that seek to promote human rights, diversity, entrepreneurship, and freedom of speech, advancing initiatives to protect and empower member of marginalized and under-represented groups. Programs that address economic inclusivity, particularly among under-represented groups such as women, youth, and afro-Brazilians, merit special attention.
- STEAM AND 21ST CENTURY SKILLS: Programs that advance U.S.-Brazil cooperation in STEAM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering, Applied Arts and Math), particularly among youth audiences.
- PRESS FREEDOM AND COMBATING DISINFORMATION: Programs that promote press freedom, innovation – within both traditional and digital media – and factual reporting. Programs that increase media literacy, critical thinking, and combat dis- and mis-information merit special attention.
- REGIONAL SECURITY: Programs that address issues of regional security, non-proliferation, and countering violent extremism, as well as exchanges that promote multilateral cooperation and enhance stability in the South American region.