Dept of State: Strengthening ties between the U.S. and Cyprus
Dept. of State DOS solicitations generally limit the number of applications that may go forward in response to a specific solicitation.
Prospective applicants from the UI who wish to apply to a DOS program that limits the number of applications allowed per institution must refer to the UI Limited Submissions guidelines at https://uiowa.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1809264
- To achieve the objective of the Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program, grant proposals that advance the following themes will be considered:
- Academic collaboration: Promoting and facilitating linkages between U.S. and Cypriot educational institutions;
- Countering disinformation, enhancing media literacy, supporting excellence in journalism: Supporting investigative journalism and/or strengthening media and civil society’s ability to counter disinformation;
- Cultural exchanges: Promoting the exchange of culture between the United States and Cyprus;
- English language proficiency: Supporting English language teaching and learning among students and professionals;
- Science and technology cooperation: Enhancing cooperation in climate/environment, science, and STEM/STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics) programs, especially for women and youth;
- Social inclusion: Promoting and safeguarding equal rights and opportunities for immigrants, LGBTQI+ individuals, people with disabilities, indigenous communities, and racial minorities;
- Strengthening democratic institutions: Fortifying democratic processes, addressing transnational issues, and increasing civic education and participation;
- Support post-pandemic economic revival efforts: Enhancing business and entrepreneurial skills using U.S. models, creating new U.S.-Cyprus partnerships and opportunities for start-up companies, supporting social impact investment, and empowering women and young entrepreneurs.