Dept of State Public Diplomacy in Egypt
Dept. of State DOS solicitations generally limit the number of applications that may go forward in response to a specific solicitation.
Prospective applicants from the UI who wish to apply to a DOS program that limits the number of applications allowed per institution must refer to the UI Limited Submissions guidelines at https://uiowa.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1809264
Priority Program Areas:
- 1. U.S.–EGYPT BILATERAL RELATIONSHIP -- Programs that seek to promote a greater understanding of U.S. policies, culture, and society to Egyptian audiences; activities that promote shared values and interests between the American and Egyptian people; and projects that build people-to-people ties.
- 2. REGIONAL SECURITY -- Programs that address issues of regional security and enhanced stability, strengthen community resilience to extremism, counter misinformation, or increase public understanding of the U.S.-Egypt security partnership.
- 3. ECONOMIC GROWTH -- Programs related to economic growth and prosperity, inclusive socio-economic development, promoting economic competitiveness, skills development, entrepreneurship, technology/innovation, intellectual property rights, the creative economy, science/technology/engineering/arts/mathematics (STEAM), and economic empowerment of women and youth, and underserved populations in Egypt.
- 4. SOCIAL ISSUES -- Programs that support an engaged civil society, promote a deepened understanding of diversity and inclusion, and encourage tolerance and peace through dialogue.
- 5. EDUCATION -- Programs that promote study in the United States, the building of linkages between American and Egyptian academic institutions, and training opportunities for Egyptian students or faculty in STEAM or other fields.