Dept of State Annual Program Statement APS - Public Affairs Italy
Embassy website: https://it.usembassy.gov/annual-program-statement/
Current Closing Date for Applications: 3/31/2021 and 6/30/2021
Dept. of State DOS solicitations generally limit the number of applications that may go forward in response to a specific solicitation.
Prospective applicants from the UI who wish to apply to a DOS program that limits the number of applications allowed per institution must refer to the UI Limited Submissions guidelines at https://uiowa.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1809264(link is external)
Public Affairs PA Italy invites proposals for programs that strengthen cultural ties between the United States and Italy through cultural and exchange programming that highlight shared values and promote bilateral cooperation. All programs must include a significant American cultural element, connection with American expert(s), organization(s), OR institution(s) in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Priority Program Areas:
- American and Italian voices countering malign influencers and misinformation campaigns
- Promoting strong transatlantic relations;
- Creativity and innovation in education and the arts, and problem solving of issues of mutual interest to both countries;
- American Studies, particularly American History and Literature, to include university linkages;
- Promoting diversity and inclusion;
- Empowerment and prosperity through STEM education and entrepreneurship;
- American English Language Study;
- Media Literacy.