The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo, Japan is pleased to announce its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program. Annually, awards are granted through Project-Specific Notice of Funding Opportunities (NOFOs).
The 2021 deadline for submission is 11:59 p.m. JST on March 31. Additional updates will be posted here throughout the year.
Dept. of State DOS solicitations generally limit the number of applications that may go forward in response to a specific solicitation.
Prospective applicants from the UI who wish to apply to a DOS program that limits the number of applications allowed per institution must refer to the UI Limited Submissions guidelines at https://uiowa.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1809264
2021 Notice of Funding Opportunities
- Advancing Female and Youth Entrepreneurship
- Alumni Capacity Building
- English Language Teacher Training
- Host Town Exchange
- Promoting Study-in-the-United-States and Fostering English Language Learning
- Social Innovation
- Study Abroad Polling and Analysis
- Technology to Foster Inclusion of People with Disabilities
- Trilateral Cooperation on Women’s Empowerment and Gender Equality
- U.S. Ambassador’s Scholarship Program
- U.S.-Japan Alliance and Security and Prosperity in the Indo-Pacific
- U.S.-Japan Professional Exchange
- Youth Outreach and Exchange