Letter of Intent Deadline:
Dept. of State Public Diplomacy Grants in Kuwait
Statement of Interest SOI due JUne 1, 2021
Dept. of State DOS solicitations generally limit the number of applications that may go forward in response to a specific solicitation.
Prospective applicants from the UI who wish to apply to a DOS program that limits the number of applications allowed per institution must refer to the UI Limited Submissions guidelines at https://uiowa.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1809264
Grant proposals must be less than $25,000 each and seek to achieve one or more of the following goals:
- 1. Prepare and encourage students in Kuwait to attend U.S. universities, whether through English or college readiness training, college advising, or other means;
- 2. Increase local capacity to counter discrimination, harassment, and abuse against women;
- 3. Strengthen efforts to raise awareness of and combat trafficking in persons;
- 4. Improve the ability of institutions in Kuwait to prepare for and respond to cybersecurity incidents;
- 5. Promote people-to-people ties between the United States and Kuwait through educational, cultural, or civic activities that engage youth and young professionals in Kuwait; or
- 6. Strengthen the ability of marginalized communities, youth, and women to participate fully in the political process and the economy.