U.S. Embassy Panama Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program
U.S. Embassy in Panama website https://pa.usembassy.gov/grants-and-funding-opportunities/
Dept. of State DOS solicitations generally limit the number of applications that may go forward in response to a specific solicitation.
Prospective applicants from the UI who wish to apply to a DOS program that limits the number of applications allowed per institution must refer to the UI Limited Submissions guidelines at https://uiowa.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1809264
1. Promote more open and sustainable economic growth in Panama through activities that encourage or strengthen local entrepreneurship
2. Encourage the development of a strong civil society that upholds the values of transparency, accountability, and good governance
a. Freedom of the press; b. Civil society support; c. Countering disinformation; d. Cybersecurity
3. Improve the quality of or access to English and STEAM education for young people in marginalized communities
4. Promote sustainable development through responsible management of Panama’s environmental resources
a. Climate change b. Illegal fishing
5. Facilitate U.S. representation at major festivals and other widely attended arts or cultural events.