U.S. Mission Saudi Arabia PAS Small Grants Program FY2022
Dept. of State DOS solicitations generally limit the number of applications that may go forward in response to a specific solicitation.
Prospective applicants from the UI who wish to apply to a DOS program that limits the number of applications allowed per institution must refer to the UI Limited Submissions guidelines at https://uiowa.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1809264
Public Affairs Section PAS invites proposals for projects, including virtual programs, that strengthen ties between Saudi Arabia and the United States, promote bilateral cooperation, and enhance mutual understanding. All programs must include an American cultural or educational element or the engagement of American experts, organizations, institutions, or communities in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policies and perspectives.
Examples of PAS Small Grants Programs include, but are not limited to:
- · U.S. experts conducting speaking tours/public talks, roundtable discussions, workshops, etc.
- · Academic and professional lectures and seminars
- · Cultural and arts programs/workshops/performances and exhibitions
- · Development of initiatives aimed at maintaining contacts with alumni of our exchange programs
- · Environmental and Energy conservation
- · Entrepreneurship initiatives, especially with underserved communities such as youth and women
- · Youth and Women Sports Initiatives
- · Programs that elevate and support moderate voices and tolerance