Dept of State Public Diplomacy with Slovakia
Dept. of State DOS solicitations generally limit the number of applications that may go forward in response to a specific solicitation.
Prospective applicants from the UI who wish to apply to a DOS program that limits the number of applications allowed per institution must refer to the UI Limited Submissions guidelines at https://uiowa.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1809264
Priority Program Areas:
- Supporting Slovakia’s transatlantic orientation by addressing hybrid threats, including disinformation and cyber security.
- Supporting Slovakia’s capacity to address rule of law, including Trafficking in Persons (TIP) and anti-corruption efforts.
- Strengthening independent media and journalism and helping to foster critical thinking.
- Promoting economic prosperity and energy security through partnership with the U.S., including innovative approaches to technology, and entrepreneurship
- Contributing to Slovakia’s efforts to support human rights and foster a culture of tolerance and integration.
- Encouraging women’s empowerment.
- Promoting cross-cultural understanding and supporting English language learning in Slovakia.