U.S. Embassy Bangkok FY2022 Annual Program Statement
Dept. of State DOS solicitations generally limit the number of applications that may go forward in response to a specific solicitation.
Prospective applicants from the UI who wish to apply to a DOS program that limits the number of applications allowed per institution must refer to the UI Limited Submissions guidelines at https://uiowa.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1809264
Priority Program Areas
1. Rule of Law, Democratic Values, and Human Rights
- Activities that strengthen democratic values, accountability, public participation, transparency, and rule of law in governing and political institutions.
- Innovative projects that educate Thais about U.S. experience in participatory democracy, dialogue, transparency, and accountability.
- Activities that promote universally recognized human rights and fundamental freedoms.
- Activities that promote connection between the United States and the rising leaders in the Indo-Pacific region.
2. Environment and Global Health
- Activities that increase awareness of environment protection, climate change, transboundary water challenges, and other key regional issues.
- Activities that promote U.S.-Thai health partnership and strengthen global health security through educational and outreach activities.
3. Economic Partnership
- Activities that support U.S.-Thai partnership in areas of entrepreneurship, anti-corruption, transparent business practices, and corporate social responsibility.
- Activities that build digital skills and improve business practices of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs), and women entrepreneurs for different stages of their businesses’ development.
- Activities that provide opportunities to Thai students with increased access to and understanding of U.S. technology and innovation.
- Innovative and educational projects that strengthen sustainable development in the Mekong subregion
4. Special Areas of Interest
- Activities that promote U.S.-Thai partnership and build two-way exchanges between the U.S. and Thai public.
- Activities to promote the sharing of U.S. culture and values with Thai populations through educational opportunities, arts and culture, interactive learning, film, and arts and culture.
- Projects for Thai youth that focus on enhancing critical thinking skills and promoting civic engagement to counter disinformation and improve media/digital literacy.
- Programs that provide Thai students with increased access to education and understanding of science, technology, engineering, arts, and math (STEM/STEAM) to promote economic growth.