Dept of State Public Diplomacy, University Partnerships Initiative with Senegal
Embassy webpage https://sn.usembassy.gov/fr/education-culture-fr/funding-opportunities-fr/
Dept. of State DOS solicitations generally limit the number of applications that may go forward in response to a specific solicitation.
Prospective applicants from the UI who wish to apply to a DOS program that limits the number of applications allowed per institution must refer to the UI Limited Submissions guidelines at https://uiowa.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1809264
Program Description - The Public Affairs Section of U.S. Embassy Dakar is seeking proposals to carry out a program focused on strengthening existing ties and fostering new collaborations between U.S. and African universities. Project activities must take place in Senegal or Guinea Bissau and the United States and be directed primarily at Senegalese and Bissau Guinean audiences/participants. Proposals should address how relationships between institutions will be sustained after U.S. government funded efforts are concluded.
- - Promote partnerships with U.S. higher education institutions
- - Establish Senegalese or Bissau Guinean student and faculty exchanges, including in-person and virtual exchange opportunities
- - Facilitate joint research, especially in agriculture, food security, and STEM
- - Provide training and transfer skills in all aspects of university education through subject matter exchange programs
- - Explore public-private partnerships, with an emphasis on commercialization, technology transfer, and job creation.