Defense Threat Reduction Agency - Strategic Trends Division Broad Agency Announcement (BAA)
Offers may submit a White Paper package to any of the BAA’s Thrust Areas of research at any time. If an Offer’s Phase I package is approved, the Offer will be invited (via an email) to submit a Phase II package (Proposal).
Per priorities identified by the 2018 National Defense Strategy (NDS), Strategic Integration Directorate, Strategic Trends and Effects Department, Strategic Trends Division SI-STT seeks proposals and white papers for research studies, strategic dialogues, and TTXs addressing the following five focus areas:
• Identify the utility of deeper, more meaningful relationships with existing allies, partners, and establish new relationships with non-traditional partners as a mechanism to compete against key strategic competitors;
• Understand the implications of key strategic competitors’ emerging capabilities on the United States’ ability to maintain operational advantage and project power;
• Identify emerging WMD-related threats of concern for the future battlespace;
• Consider the role and application of WMD risk reduction tools and approaches (e.g. arms control) in an era of Great Power competition; and/or
• Explore the utility and applicability of applying a Counter Threat Network (CTN) approach to better characterize