The Greenwall Foundation is requesting proposals for the Fall 2019 cycle of its bioethics grants program, Making a Difference in Real-World Bioethics Dilemmas, to support research to help resolve an important emerging or unanswered bioethics problem in clinical, biomedical, or public health decision-making, policy, or practice. Letter of intent is due July 1, 2019
While we welcome all innovative proposals that will have a real-world impact, we are particularly interested in proposals that address the ethical and policy issues raised by the following priority topics:
- Developments in artificial intelligence;
- Responses to the opioid epidemic;
- Bias and discrimination in clinical care against patients or clinicians, based on a broad range of characteristics;
- Advances in biomedical and clinical research and their translation into clinical practice; and
- Healthcare access, costs, and resource allocation.
- Proposals for projects that address other real-world, practical bioethics problems are also welcome.