Apply for this grant and get more information via Proposal Central
The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM), under the auspices of its Research Committee, and in coordination with and support from JRF Ortho, is offering one grant of up to $50,000 to support a basic science or clinical research project to advance insight into meniscal or osteochondral allografts.
OBJECTIVE: Applications must describe a basic science or a clinical research project surrounding viable OsteochondralAllograft (OCA) transplantation or meniscus allograft transplantation of the knee.
Criteria and metrics utilized in the study must be determined by best scientific evidence or best demonstrated practices and designed to improve the understanding of, and research evidence regarding, OCA or meniscus allograft transplantation. Proposals with translational or advancement of clinical care will be reviewed favorably.
- Projects designed to address the clinical challenges of OCA or Meniscus transplantation
- Projects resulting in improvement in OCA or meniscus availability through better allograft size matching
- Projects that utilize contemporary technologies that enable cost-effective decision-making surrounding OCA and meniscus allograft transplantation (e.g. tissue engineering, cell-based technologies)
- Biological enhancement of allograft transplantation
- Objective assessment of allograft biology and the effect on articular cartilage biochemistry
- Simplification of surgical techniques and biomechanical validation of meniscal transplantation or OCA transplantation of the talus