Letter of Intent Deadline:
NEH Institutes for Higher Education Faculty
NEH url https://www.neh.gov/grants/education/institutes-higher-education-faculty
NOFA PDF https://www.neh.gov/sites/default/files/inline-files/Institutes%20HE%202022%20NOFO%2020220215-EH.pdf
The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Division of Education Programs is accepting applications for the Institutes for Higher Education Faculty program. NEH Institutes
are professional development programs that convene higher education faculty from across the nation in order to deepen and enrich their understanding of significant topics in the humanities and enrich their capacity for effective scholarship and teaching.
NEH Areas of Interest:
- A More Perfect Union: Exploring America's Story and Commemorating its 250th Anniversary
- Standing Together
- Protecting our Cultural Heritage
Most fundamentally, institutes:
• allow immersive study of humanities topics
• foster new fields of study and/or revitalize existing areas of inquiry
• strengthen humanities teaching and learning in the classroom
• build lasting communities that foster participants’ intellectual and professional collaboration.
• ground the study in significant humanities texts and related resources
• explore multiple, rigorous approaches to the topic
• consider how the topic engages recent developments in the scholarship, teaching, and curricula of participants’ professional settings
• provide opportunities for deep and collaborative engagement with the topic
• model excellent scholarship, teaching, and collegial dialogue
• reach the widest possible audience for whom the topic is relevant.
Topic and Intellectual Focus
An institute topic must be significant to humanities study and teaching. It may:
• consist of subject matter that supports regularly taught humanities courses
• address emerging or overlooked humanities fields
• include attention to pedagogies and/or methodologies, provided the humanities content remains central
• be interdisciplinary, provided the humanities remain central.