Climate Program Office FY2022
NOAA CPO https://cpo.noaa.gov/Funding-Opportunities/2022-Notice-of-Funding-Opport...
CPO Climate Program Office supports competitive research through four major program areas: Earth System Science and Modeling (ESSM); Climate and Societal Interactions (CSI); Communication, Education and Engagement (CEE); and the National Integrated Drought Information System (NIDIS). Through this announcement, CPO is seeking applications for eight individual competitions in FY22. Several of these competitions are relevant to high-priority climate risk areas. CPO is organizing some of its activities around these areas to improve science understanding and/or capabilities that result in user-driven outcomes. Four climate risk areas of particular interest to CPO are: Coastal Inundation, Marine Ecosystems, Water Resources, and Extreme Heat.
List of Competitions
- Competition 1: AC4 - Fire and Smoke at the Wildland-Urban Interface
- Competition 2: OAR/CPO/CVP - NWS/OSTI/Modeling Division Joint Competition to Advance Process Understanding and Representation of Precipitation in Models
- Competition 3: CVP - Observation and Modeling Studies in Support of Tropical Pacific Process Studies, Pre-Field-II.
- Competition 4: COM/MAPP/CSI - Improving Climate Understanding and Information For Marine Sanctuary Management Planning
- Competition 5: ERB -Atmospheric aerosols and their potential roles in solar climate intervention methods
- Competition 6: CEE: Climate-Smart Communities Initiative
- Competition 7: NIDIS CWD - Ecological Drought
- Competition 8: NIDIS CWD - Building Tribal Drought Resilience