The Heartland Center for Occupational Health and Safety, supported by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), announces the availability of funds to support pilot projects. The mission of the Heartland Center is to serve Federal Region VII by providing graduate training, continuing education and outreach in occupational health and safety (OHS).
Heartland Center’s Pilot Grants Project https://heartland.public-health.uiowa.edu/about-the-center/pilot-grants/
Pilot Grant RFA 2021 https://heartland.public-health.uiowa.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Pilot-Grant-RFA-2021.pdf
Please send an electronic PDF version of the application to Ms. Janie Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 2, 2021 to be considered for funding.
Pilot Project proposal deadline extended through April 16th, 2021.
PROJECT SCOPE AND LOCATION
Research projects must be related to one of the National Occupational Research Agenda (NORA) sector areas (see: https://www.cdc.gov/nora/comment/agendas/default.html), and pertain to an occupational health or safety issue. The research must be conducted in the United States.
WHO MAY APPLY
This pilot mechanism is limited to junior faculty, faculty developing a new research initiative in an OHS area, and research trainees pursuing a MS or PhD degree.
Each proposal submitted by a trainee must have a faculty sponsor who will oversee the research.
FY 2021 AWARDS Two types of projects will be awarded on a competitive basis for the period 7/1/21 – 6/30/22:
- A project that can include student funding with a maximum award of $20,000
- A project that does not include student funding with a maximum award of $5,000
Research projects must be related to one of the National Occupational Research Agenda (NORA) research areas or cross-sector research areas NORA Sector Councils:
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
- Healthcare and Social Assistance
- Oil and Gas Extraction
- Public Safety
- Transportation, Warehousing and Utilities
- Wholesale and Retail Trade
NORA Cross-Sector Councils
- Cancer, Reproductive, Cardiovascular and Other Chronic Disease Prevention
- Hearing Loss Prevention
- Immune, Infectious and Dermal Disease Prevention
- Musculoskeletal Health
- Respiratory Health
- Traumatic Injury Prevention
- Healthy Work Design and Well-Being