The goal of the PASA Consortium is to fund study applications for developing new medications that can be brought to therapeutic use to improve treatment outcomes for alcohol and substance use disorders (ASUD), especially as related to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and traumatic brain injury (TBI).
The two current Research Funding Opportunities are focused on:
- Request for Application (RFA) #4a: Small-cost and short-duration planning grant awarded to investigators concerning a specific compound or combination of compounds. Designed to determine the clinical development plan and associated clinical trials needed to advance the compound to FDA approval for ASUD treatment. The protocol for the first study will be developed as part of the planning grant and will be considered for funding and implementation by the PASA Consortium.
- Request for Application (RFA) #4b: Full study implementation awards for the conduct of proof-of-principle basic research to determine which compounds are most appropriate for human research trials
- April 22, 2019 - Letter of Intent for RFA 4a: Planning Grant
- May 13, 2019 - Letter of Intent for RFA 4b: Preclinical Study
- June 3, 2019 - Full Application for RFA 4a: Planning Grant
- July 22, 2019 - Full Application for RFA 4b: Preclinical Study