Sponsor link https://phassociation.org/research/aldrighetti-research-award-for-young-...
- One grant available.
- $40,000 a year for two years.
- Target audience: Junior investigators interested in pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) research.
This research grant supports the careers of junior investigators interested in PAH research. Each year, PHA grants one award to a promising researcher likely to make a strong, sustained impact in PAH research.
Proposals should examine the pathophysiology of PAH to clarify mechanistic pathways and identify new therapeutic targets or biomarkers in adult or pediatric pulmonary hypertension. The project potentially should apply to human pulmonary vascular diseases.
Any areas of pediatric pulmonary hypertension (PH) research that address areas of unmet need or expand on areas of limited knowledge will be accepted. Areas of focus include but are not limited to:
- - Developmental lung disease
- - Pulmonary vascular disease leading to PH
- - Signaling pathway regulating pulmonary vascular remodeling in pediatric PAH
- - Classification, diagnosis, and treatment of pediatric PH
- - Improved clinical trial designs and novel endpoints or biomarkers to support pediatric PH clinical trials
- - PH pediatric quality improvement and care initiatives