Roddenberry Fellowship: Civil Rights; Environmental Protection; Immigration and Refugee Rights; LGBTQIA and Women’s Rights; Health Disparities
Round one due May 7, 2021.
The Roddenberry Fellowship is a 12-month program that offers Fellows $50,000 to take an existing initiative (e.g. campaign, organization) to the next level and amplify its impact OR to launch a new initiative.
Priority Issue areas:
- Civil Rights: Fellows will work toward equity for all, including in our public schools, criminal justice system, and places of work
- Environmental Protection: Fellows will work to mitigate the human impact on our natural resources, neighborhoods, and communities.
- Immigration and Refugee Rights: Fellows will work to ensure the rights of all newcomers to the US regardless of where they come from or why.
- LGBTQIA and Women’s Rights: Fellows will work to secure rights and opportunities for everyone, irrespective of gender or sexual orientation.
- Health and Wellness: Fellows will work to overcome the barriers that prevent underserved communities from accessing the healthcare they need and deserve, and identify solutions that address health inequities in underserved communities, such as access to basic care, affordable treatment, and mental health services
Eligibility: The Roddenberry Foundation welcomes Fellowship applications from individuals who meet all of the following:
- United States citizens, permanent residents, DACA recipients, individuals with a valid grant of employment authorization or immigration status, or current visa holders who reside in the 50 United States or its territories.
- Individuals who are the principal of their initiatives or organizations, including Founder, Co-Founder, President, CEO, or Executive Director.
- Individuals who are 18 years of age or older.
- Individuals employed by or affiliated with organizations or institutions with a budget of $2M or less.
- Individuals whose primary focus of their work is: immigrant and refugee rights, civil rights, LGBTQIA+ and women’s rights, environmental protection, or health and wellness.