Sponsor link https://www.cancer.org/research/we-fund-cancer-research/apply-research-g...
The St. Baldrick’s Foundation and the American Cancer Society are collaborating to provide funding to advance innovative translational pediatric cancer research conducted within the context of a clinical trial. Studies may include analysis of clinical data and biospecimens collected from children enrolled in a clinical trial.
These investigations should be designed to provide new knowledge regarding mechanisms for novel agents or combination regimens, treatment resistance, novel biomarkers, toxicity, and insights for approaches to precision medicine. We anticipate this funding will stimulate a wide range of new research, stemming from on-going or recently completed patient trials to accelerate progress in childhood cancer.
Areas of interest: Proposals should focus on research leading to improvements in the care of children with cancer. Potential research areas include:
- Monitoring disease response
- Predicting clinical outcomes
- Analyzing the tumor microenvironment, the role of germline and/or somatic mutations in tumor pathogenesis
- Identifying or validating predictive or prognostic biomarkers
- Developing pre-clinical novel therapeutic targets
- Improving the anti-tumor activity of immunotherapy or other emerging therapies
- Mitigating and managing side-effects
- Improving quality of life